Thursday 24 November 2011

My old-lady hobby

Alright, so maybe crocheting isn't so old-lady anymore... but when I'm in my easy-chair with a blanket over my legs, slippered toes pointing out, and hunching over a ball of yarn counting stitches, I feel pretty old! However, I realize the whole knitting/crocheting/original-clothing-and-accessory thing is really coming into its own again these days. I haven't ventured as far as clothing yet (I just don't know if I trust myself to go to the trouble of crocheting a sweater, and then actually wear it!) but I'm having fun with the accessories. I've made stuffed animals for a few baby cousins and a baby nephew (amigurumi, very fun!), as well as slippers (not worth the effort in my opinion), and my favourite - this lovely headwarmer/head band! I thought the pattern was so cute that I wanted to share it with you. It's very customize-able (it's a word now!) and, in BC, totally wearable.
This is what the colour is really like - a beautiful soft beige

(I thought this a good time to let you know that while my primary focus with this blog is cooking/food, I am certainly hoping to incorporate other "housewifely" things - like cleaning tips, gardening, chickens, and fun crafts like this)

Enjoy!

Pattern
(Her blog pictures are WAY better than mine, but I'm quite proud of the job I've done)

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful Justine! When did you learn how to crochet? are you enjoying it? Your creations are looking good so far! =) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's the picture of you in the easy chair avec les accoutrements? That's what I wanna see! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really cute! Christmas gifts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Justine! So cute! Can you make me one?

    ReplyDelete