Thursday 12 April 2012

LOBSTER + BRIE GRILLED CHEESE

This is Dave convincing you that you will love it. Also it was a very hot day... ergo no shirt.
I know, I know - what's with the all caps on the title there? I don't normally do that, but this grilled cheese sandwich is so blow-your-mind, can't-believe-it's-so-good, where-have-you-been-all-my-life FANTASTIC that it was worth it. Originally I tried this sandwich at Moxies on Dave's birthday. He ordered it, and I had pasta - that was probably the first time I was ever dissatisfied with pasta. Because his grilled cheese sandwich was TOO GOOD. Of course we had to recreate it as soon as possible, SO, here is our rendition. You will love it. The end.



LOBSTER + BRIE GRILLED CHEESE
serves 2


1 Lobster, cooked, meat carefully pulled out (no shell shrapnel, please!) and chopped. Fine, chunky - it's your call
1 Tbsp. Mayo
1/2 cup grated Cheddar
Brie - brie is sold in so many different sizes, I can't tell you how much you need. But more is best.
Sourdough Bread, 4 relatively thin slices.
1. Mix the lobster, the mayo, and the cheddar together in a bowl.

2. Cut slices of the brie and lay them out on 2 slices of bread. For the sake of your future happiness, don't leave too many gaps!


3. Spread the lobster mixture on the other 2 slices of bread. Put the sandwiches together.

4. Heat some butter and a wee bit of olive oil in your best, biggest skillet. Right before the butter turns brown, set your sandwiches in. At this point I like to spread a bit of butter on the top, so I'm not relying solely on pan-butter when I flip these bad boys. Also, if you have something heavy nearby to weigh these babies down with, do it. I like to heat up another frying pan, and (using oven mitts) sit it on top and push it down for a few seconds.


5. When both sides are golden, remove to a cutting board and cut in half so you can
see all that marvelous gooey-ness being all.... gooey.
Butter on one side


*tip: in the Restaurant, when asked "salad or fries?" Dave automatically said fries, as is correct. However, it was, just this once, possibly a mistake. This sandwich is insanely rich and creamy - a small side salad is definitely a good idea!*

1 comment: