Monday 20 February 2012

Eat it Up - the Secret Garden Tea Co.

The Secret Garden Tea Co. is located in Kerrisdale in Vancouver. I discovered it one evening when I was babysitting for my cousin, and she had the most amazing Creamy Earl Grey tea in her cupboard. The only other thing the label said was "Secret Garden Tea Co". It was the most elegant thing, A white bag full of loose leaf tea with a simple, soft green circle on the front with those words inside. I was instantly transfixed. When I got home I did a search for this Tea shop and discovered that not only do they have large selection of unique and fantastic teas, they also do High Tea. And breakfast. And catering. And demi-high tea. And lunch. 

When I say High Tea, I'm not talking about cucumber sandwiches with the crusts cut off, and egg salad. I'm talking fancy. It's everything you would want in a tea party while you're wearing your best dress, and maybe some lacy gloves and fabulous hat. The High Tea menu changes every month, with only the favorites sticking around long-term. You need a reservation for High Tea, but everything else you can walk in. Though I would suggest avoiding the High Tea hours, 12pm, 2pm, and 4pm. I've been turned away before! (Luckily there's a cute pub a couple doors down that is also delicious).

I told myself I wouldn't be long-winded with this post, because I think the pictures will speak for themselves. My last comment is this, Don't be afraid of the prices! I promise, it's well worth it if you want a genuine High Tea experience! Without further ado, please go here, and Eat it Up.




Dave is boring and always gets Irish Breakfast Tea, I got Blue Angel (Rose, Hibiscus, Caramel, and Apple)

The one with the green and purple was an apple cake, the green was apple flavoured icing, and the purple thing was a real slice of Granny Smith apple, folded into a heart!

Cranberry Scones and Devonshire Cream

It's hard to take your time

BBQ Pulled Chicken croissant with basil

This is my new favourite: Lemon Rosemary biscuit with Ratatouille, Black Olive Tapenade, and Goat Cheese filling




Is there anything better?

No comments:

Post a Comment